They used elements across multiple genres to create an original sound and one of the most successful acts of the 21st century. Linkin Park’s aggressive metal and beat-driven hip hop continued to evolve as their popularity reached its peak through success driven artists loved by millions.
Linkin Park is an American rock band from Agoura Hills, California. Their current lineup comprises founding members vocalist/rhythm guitarist/keyboardist Mike Shinoda, lead guitarist Brad Delson, bassist Dave Farrell, DJ/turntablist Joe Hahn and drummer Rob Bourdon. While they’re categorized as alternative rock, the groups earlier music was a fusion of heavy metal and hip hip before a transition to electronica and pop combined.
The band formed in 1996 and rose to fame with their debut studio album Hybrid Theory in 2000. It became certified Diamond by the Recording Industry Association of America. Their second album Meteora came in 2003 with continued success, before they changed their sound in 2007 on third album Minutes to Midnight.
Linkin Park continued to explore their capability, adding electronic sounds to their fourth album A Thousand Suns in 2010. In 2012, they released their fifth album Living Things which was a combination of musical tones from all their previous albums. In 2014, they returned to heavy rock in sixth album The Hunting Party.
Their seventh album One More Light came in 2017 and was their first with a pop-focused sound. That same year, the group lost vocalist Chester Bennington, aged 41. Linkin Park took a hiatus before returning to the studio in 2020 with new music.
Today, they remain among the best-selling bands of the 21st century, and the world’s best-selling music artists with over 100 million records sold worldwide. They have won two Grammy Awards, six American Music Awards, two Billboard Music Awards, four MTV Video Music Awards, 10 MTV Europe Music Awards and three World Music Awards.
Since their loss, the band’s music today has helped others get through all kinds of tough times; depression, loneliness, pain, sadness, anger. No doubt they know a thing or two about success, even through the hard times where life seems unfair.
1. Everything you say to me takes me one step closer to the edge, and I’m about to break.Linkin Park
2. Time won’t heal this damage anymore. Don’t turn your back on me, I won’t be ignored.Linkin Park
3. Time is a valuable thing. Watch it fly by as the pendulum swings. Watch it count down to the end of the day, the clock ticks life away!Linkin Park
4. The hardest part of ending is starting again.Linkin Park
5. I have been able to tap into all the negative things that can happen to me throughout my life by numbing myself to the pain so to speak and kind of being able to vent it through my music.Chester Bennington
6. I’m become so numb, I can’t feel you there. I’ve become so tired, so much more aware. I’m becoming this, all I want to do, is be more like me, and be less like you.Linkin Park
7. I felt this way before… So insecure..Linkin Park
8. I’ll face myself to cross out what I’ve become, erase myself, and let go of what I’ve done.Linkin Park
9. Even those who never frown, eventually break down.Linkin Park
10. I got a heart full of pain, head full of stress, handful of anger, held in my chest.Linkin Park
11. Things aren’t the way they were before, you wouldn’t even recognize me anymore. Not that you knew me back then, but it all comes back to me in the end.Linkin Park
12. Sometimes beginnings aren’t so simple, sometimes goodbye’s the only way.Linkin Park
13. Sometimes solutions aren’t so simple; sometimes goodbye’s the only way.Linkin Park
14. Your guilty all the same. Too sick to be ashamed. You want to point the finger, but there’s no one else to blame.Linkin Park
15. God bless us everyone, we’re broken people living under a loaded gun.Linkin Park
16. I’m tired of being what you want me to be, feeling so faithless, lost under the surface. Don’t know what you’re expecting of me, put under the pressure of walking in your shoes.Linkin Park
17. When my time comes, forget the wrong that I’ve done. Help me leave behind some reasons to be missed.Linkin Park
18. I want to find something I’ve wanted all along, Somewhere I belong.Linkin Park
19. I’m strong on the surface, not all the way through. I’ve never been perfect, but neither have you.Linkin Park
20. I know I’ll never trust a single thing you say. You knew your lies would divide us, but you lied anyway. And all the lies have got you floating up above us all. But what goes up has got to fall…Linkin Park
21. All I want to do, is be more like me, and less like you.Linkin Park
22. It’s easier to run, Replacing this pain with something numb, It’s so much easier to go, Than face all this pain here all alone.Linkin Park
23. It’s harder starting over, than never to have changed.
24. Memories consume, like opening the wound, I’m picking me apart again. You all assume, I’m safe here in my room, unless I try to start again.Linkin Park
25. You can’t be afraid of people willing to hurt you, cause if you fear life, then you will never live.Chester Bennington
26. Tried to give you warning, but everyone ignores me. Told you everything loud and clear, but nobody’s listening.Linkin Park
27. The very worst part of you is me.Linkin Park
28. The sun doesn’t give light to the moon, assuming the moon’s gonna owe it one.Linkin Park
29. Sometimes I remember the darkness of my past, bringing back these memories I wish I didn’t have.Linkin Park
30. Do I trust some, and get fooled by phoniness, or do I trust no one and live in loneliness?Linkin Park
31. Against my will I stand beside my own reflection.Linkin Park
32. Take me down to the river bend, take me down to the fighting end. Wash the poison from off my skin, and show me how to be whole again.Linkin Park
33. Waiting for the end to come, Wishing I had strength to stand, This is not what I had planned, It’s out of my control.Linkin Park
34. I tried so hard, and got so far, but in the end, it doesn’t even matter. I had to fall to lose it all, but in the end, it doesn’t even matter.Linkin Park