Eric Thomas is widely considered to be the #1 rated motivational speaker in the entire western world. His motivational speeches and light-up-the-fire content has been viewed by tens of millions of people who have awakened to their untapped power to chase their goals.
If you’re having some hard times in life, then reach for the headphones and consume some of Eric’s videos about being successesful as much as you want to breathe. He’s help some of the team here at Execute Resources and these powerful quotes can get you out of a tough situation.
Despite being in his 50’s, it doesn’t cease to amaze us by just how powerful Eric Thomas is with his motivational speeches. More powerful than 3 shots of coffee we’d say. When he comes to the microphone, it’s when we need to sit up and pay attention.
Become motivated with these epic Eric Thomas quotes for success:
1. When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you’ll be successful.
2. You can’t sleep. Broke people sleep. You got to be willing to sacrifice sleep, if you sleep you may miss the opportunity to be successful.
3. I do not take constructive criticism from people who have never constructed anything.
4. It’s not who you are that holds you back, it’s who you think you’re not.
5. The only way to get out of mediocrity is to keep shooting for excellence.
6. Everybody wants to be a beast, until it’s time to do what real beasts do.
7. Stop being average. You’re not even good. You were born to be great.
8. You ain’t average! But you know what? You’re playing small because it’s easier to be average.
9. Listen to me, even when you lose, it’s OK to lose, but you can never get comfortable with it. You can never be satisfied with losing. When you lose, it’s got to hurt.
10. You can’t cheat the grind, it knows hows much you’ve invested, it won’t give you nothing you haven’t worked for.
11. Don’t make a habit out of choosing what feels good over what’s actually good for you.
12. It’s about optimal movement. Decisive movement. The most effective movement.
13. Fall in love with the process and the results will come.
14. At some point in life you have to face your fears.
15. This is what I’m saying, take advantage of opportunity, because if you do, doors are going to open up for you.
16. You can’t sleep. Broke people sleep. You got to be willing to sacrifice sleep, if you sleep you may miss the opportunity to be successful.
17. Success is not for the weak and uncommitted… Sometimes it’s gonna hurt!
18. Sleep? I don’t sleep. You thought that was it? It goes deeper than going without sleep because you might miss the opportunity to succeed. No, no, no! It’s about No Days Off! No weekends! No Holidays! No Birthdays!
19. What you envision in your mind, how you see yourself, and how you envision the world around you is of great importance because those things become your focus.
20. Like for real, you can start from the bottom, and by the grace of God, work your way all the way up to the top man.
21. Both desire and imagination are stored in the mind of the individual and when stretched, both have the potential to position a person for greatness.
22. Most of you won’t be successful because when you’re studying and you get tired, you quit!
23. I wanted to surround myself with the kind of people who could help me turn my life around; people whom I could rub up against like iron and be sharpened.
24. No alarm clock needed, my passion wakes me.
25. Don’t think about what can happen in a month. Don’t think about what can happen in a year. Just focus on the 24 hours in front of you and do what you can to get closer to where you want to be.
26. Both desire and imagination are stored in the mind of the individual and when stretched, both have the potential to position a person for greatness.
27. Desire and imagination have the potential to position a person for greatness.
28. It’s easier to avoid or run from tough decision!!! Do yourself favor, face the fear head on; its easy to conquer that way!!!!
29. I don’t ever want you to settle for another average day in your life again.
30. If you’re not where you are, if you’re not where you want to be, if you don’t have what you want to have. If you’re not where you think you should be at this particular place. It has nothing to do with the system, but it has everything to do with the fact that you’re not making the sacrifice.
31. Winners focus on winning. Losers focus on winners.
32. An eagle uses the storm to reach unimaginable heights.
33. You will never ever be successful, until you turn your pain into greatness, until you allow your pain to push you from where you are to push you to where you need to be. Stop running from your pain and embrace your pain. Your pain is going to be a part of your prize, a part of your product. I challenge you to push yourself.
34. Don’t get discouraged by difficult!!! Press your way through!!!
35. He conquers who endures.
36. Stop the blame game. Stop! Stop looking out the window and look in the mirror!
37. You might not like conflict, but you are going to have to deal with it.
38. Some people don't want to be fixed because being broken gets them attention. Seek solutions - not the unhealthy attention of others!
39. We are driven by five genetic needs: survival, love and belonging, power, freedom. Pick yours and never look back!
40. The only way to get out of mediocrity is to keep shooting for excellence.
41. The more you sweat in practice, the less you bleed in battle.
42. I’m not the smartest. But you will not out work me! I wake up every morning at 3 o’clock!
43. Are you down for the count or are you ready to finish strong?
44. Only those who risk going too far, can possibly find out how far one can go.
45. Struggles are required in order to survive in life, because in order to stand up, you gotta know what falling down is like!
46. Most of you don’t want success as much as you want to sleep!
47. I learned that a real friendship is not about what you can get, but what you can give. Real friendship is about making sacrifices and investing in people to help them improve their lives.
48. Everybody has a dream, but not everybody has a grind.
49. Stop surrounding yourself with people who tear down everything you want to do. Tighten up your circle with people who motivate you.
50. Don’t cry to quit! You already in pain, you already hurt! Get a reward from it!
51. There is nothing wrong with dreaming big dreams, just know that all roads that lead to success have to pass through Hardwork Boulevard at some point.
52. Be more intentional about the direction we allow our minds to go. Meaning, when you catch yourself thinking negatively, stop! Redirect to something positive.
53. To truly live your best life, you need to balance career/school and home life, keeping in mind that if the home life suffers, none of that other stuff matters.
54. lt’s what you know that’s killing you!!! Old information can’t take you to new places!!!
55. There are certain opportunities that have an expiration date on them and the longer it takes for you to make a move, the closer you are to letting it spoil.
56. The potential for success is like a muscle, you have to exercise it if you want to take full advantage of it.
57. The most important thing is this: To be able at any moment, to sacrifice what you are, for what you will become!
58. No one knows everything and if you think you do, you’re cheating yourself.
59. Time is a finite resource that you can't get back. I have the same 24 hours you have, and you get the same 24 hours as me. As you rise, so does you chance for opportunity.
60. Greatness is not taking for granted the lasting impact that giving to others can have on not just your life, but the lives of those you invested in.
61. I’m intoxicated on success!
62. Stop living in the "I". There are things you cannot do by yourself. There are places you cannot go to alone. You may have mastered the "I" but now it's time to master the "We".
63. Push past the pain! I promise if you push past the pain and get to the other side it will all be worth it.
64. Sometimes it ain’t about being the most talented. Sometimes it ain’t about being the smartest. Sometimes it’s not even about working the hardest. Sometimes it’s about consistency! Consistency!
65. What have you been afraid to do? Timid, Scared or Frighten to Dream? Trust me, your fear is delusional and only exist in your head!
66. For some, success will come as soon as you realize that you’re not as together as you think you are and you’re brave enough to seek out help.
67. Success is never on discount! Greatness is never on sale! Greatness is never half off! It’s all or nothing! It’s all day, every day! Greatness is never on discount!
68. Don’t stress yourself out with tomorrow!!! Squeeze the life out of Today!!! One Day at a Time.
69. You have done too much to quit now. HOLD!
70. Pain is temporary. It may last for a minute, or an hour or a day, or even a year. But eventually, it will subside. And something else takes its place. If I quit, however, it will last forever.
71. Being highly skilled is great. Skillful execution of those talents is even better!
72. You don’t get strong by staring - you get strong by struggling.
73. Sometimes it ain’t about being the most talented. Sometimes it ain’t about being the smartest. Sometimes it’s not even about working the hardest. Sometimes it’s about consistency! Consistency!
74. Stop listening to the noise of your Doubters and Haters!!! Start listening to that inner voice streaming I Can I Will I Must!!!
75. When you’re great! You attract great! When you’re average! You attract average.
76. You're asking average people for permission, but you're not average!!! You don't need permission.
77. Bottom line, I removed myself from the victim mentality and took control of my life. I’m not just going to take responsibility for the success in my life – I’m going to take responsibility for the failures in my life. When you’re willing to accept that you’re the problem, you immediately become the solution.
78. You are the executive director and screenwriter of your life.
79. You can’t talk your way out of what you’ve behaved yourself into!
80. When all you’re doing is something for money, when you get tired you can quit because money is not a strong enough factor. It’s not deep enough.
81. I’ve been trying to tell y’all, its’s not your circumstances or situation, that determines if you gonna be successful or not. I’ve been telling you it’s your mindset! It’s the way you see it. It’s the way you think it right!
82. You playing checkers - I’m playing chess. Be more strategic, your life and your legacy is depending on you!
83. Going to the next level is not as easy as one may think. People think the only requirement is giving up all the bad habits. That’s the easy part. The difficult part about pursuing your dreams is that it often requires us to sacrifice some of the things we cherish.
84. Rich people don’t work, rich people think.
85. You can't let anything distract you from where you want to go. If it ain't apart of the plan..... it ain't apart of the plan.
86. Pain is temporary. It may last a minute, or an hour, or a day, or a year, but eventually it will subside and something else will take its place. If I quit, however, it lasts forever.
87. If you’re going to go to your next level, your values are going to have to change.
88. Stop being average!!! It’s beneath you!!!
89. There are different levels of success. Making money is the easiest of them all. Being emotionally and mentally healthy, loving yourself, that’s the pinnacle of success!!!
90. What would your life look like if you gave yourself permission to be great? What if you got rid of all the excuses and made the adjustment?
91. Nothing should stop you once you want something.
92. The difference between those who succeed and fail: not taking advantage of opportunities.
93. 90% Is Work But The Last 10% That’s Fight!
95. Are you immersed in it? Until you are immersed in it you will never go from good to great.
94. Do not sabotage yourself with fear.
96. I’ve been trying to tell y’all, its’s not your circumstances or situation, that determines if you gonna be successful or not. I’ve been telling you it’s your mindset! It’s the way you see it. It’s the way you think it right!
97. You can’t expect someone to do something for you or with you that you’re not even willing to do for yourself.
98. Things change for the better when we take responsibility for our own thoughts, decisions and actions.
99. If you're waiting on the world to go back to the way it was you’ll be waiting forever. You've had enough time to process, to chill, to get adjusted. It’s time to start putting in work again. No more waiting! It’s time to grind!
100. Stop setting yourself up for failure. You have a million dollar dream yet you have a $15 an hour work ethic. Small steps, great distances.
101. Let's stop seeking affirmation from others and start giving love and affirmations to ourselves.
102. The problem is, you get more excited talking about it than you do when you actually doing it!
103. If someone wants you in their life, they’ll put you in it. You should never have to fight for a place in their heart!
104. It’s one thing to talk about your destiny. It’s one thing to dream about your destiny. It’s one thing to look at your destiny. But it’s another thing to make the decision.
105. I keep telling you there is no shortcut! You either all in or you’re not in at all!
106. Apply the ABC’s of success to your life. Ask, Believe and Claim It.
107. Look in the mirror, that’s your competition.