This is the intro for the article. Aim for 200 to 600 words.
1. Our parents don’t always know what’s right. It’s a new age.
2. I read so many books when I was a kid that I didn’t even know were shaping me up.
3. It’s not always about convincing your parents of what you want to do, but just saying, ‘This is what I’m doing; this is what I love.
4. I’m a completely fearless musician.
5. I was a very naughty child, on the verge of getting expelled, but I wasn’t a bad child; everything I did was for my own entertainment. But when I went into an exam, I did really well.
6. I need to just make as much noise and bang on as many doors as possible ’til men are, like, giving you the recognition.
7. People always meet me and go, ‘You’re so much cooler than I thought you’d be,’ and I’m like, ‘What did you expect me to be like?
8. My approach is just fearless. I’m not afraid to try anything.
9. On the microphone, I’m not scared to step up and say, ‘This is my ability, this is how good I am.’ “In other areas of life, I’m not so confident; I’m still adjusting to the photo shoots, all that stuff. But behind the mic, I’m fully confident.
10. Most middle-aged white men probably don’t know about little old Stormzy from London.
11. In British music, you have indie, rock… Grime is now one of those pillars. It’s a foundation of British music.
12. When I’m good at something, I always try to be the best at it and claim that throne. Even in school, I never let anyone say anything to me; I would always be the smartest.
13. I went to pick up my nephew from primary school, and one of the teachers there stopped me and said, ‘My son listens to you.’ That’s quite an awkward thing.
14. I know a lot of grime artists started off on pirate radio, but I missed that era; I was way too young.
15. My mum’s always had big aspirations because I’m an academic. I always got good grades at school. GCSEs were just a breeze for me.
16. Every single thing that I was told that I couldn’t do without a label – get in the charts, get on to the Radio 1 playlist – I’ve done.
17. Even if you don’t like me, you know me because I’m just in your face.
18. If I’m not working on music, I’m usually with my friends playing FIFA. We just kick back – I’m proper chilled.
19. Engineering was the safe and sensible choice, but music was what I loved and wanted to do.